All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionDevelop the tools you will need to succeed before, during, and after your film school education. Film School: A Practical Guide to an Impractical Decision is a specific, straightforward guide to applying, getting into, and thriving in film school and in the industry in general. Not only does this book appeal to both prospective and current film students, it also features an in depth discussion of the application process, both from the graduate and undergraduate perspectives. You will learn how to choose between different schools and programs, avoid debt, succeed at festivals, and transition out of film school and into the work world. Author Jason Kohl offers: * Tips on how to develop your voice before attending film school * A chrological layout that allows you to continually refer to the book throughout your film school process * Advice on how to gauge the cost of attending film school Whether you are a recent film school graduate, or just starting the application process, Film School gives important advice and insider kwledge that will help you learn and grow in the film industry. Film School is a must-have for anyone who wants to kw what it takes to succeed in film school and beyond.
- Author BiographyKohl is a filmmaker with an MFA in Directing from UCLA. His UCLA Thesis Film The Slaughter played SXSW, BFI London, Locarno, and Ann Arbor and was a finalist for the Student Academy Awards. Filmmaker Magazine called it a masterfully directed story. Drawing on personal experience, Film School is a resource he wished he had in applying to film schools and beginning a career as a young filmmaker.
- Author(s)Jason B. Kohl
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/08/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.