All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionFilm and Television Analysis is especially designed to introduce undergraduate students to the most important qualitative methodologies used to study film and television. The methodologies covered include: * ideological analysis * auteur theory * genre theory * semiotics and structuralism * psychoanalysis and apparatus theory * feminism * postmodernism * cultural studies (including reception and audience studies) * contemporary approaches to race, nation, gender, and sexuality. With each chapter focusing on a distinct methodology, students are introduced to the historical developments of each approach, along with its vocabulary, significant scholars, key concepts and case studies. Other features include: * Over 120 color images throughout * Questions for discussion at the end of each chapter * Suggestions for further reading * A glossary of key terms. Written in a reader-friendly manner Film and Television Analysis is a vital textbook for students encountering these concepts for the first time.
- Author BiographyHarry M. Benshoff is a Professor of Media Arts at the University of North Texas. He is the editor of A Companion to the Horror Film (2014) and co-author of the best-selling textbook America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies (2009).
- Author(s)Harry M. Benshoff
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note126 colour illustrations, 3 colour line drawings
- Weight956 g
- Width190 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.