All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Bruce Lee to James Bond, Jackie Chan to Jet Li, Enter the Dragon to Kung Fu Panda, kung fu films remain a thrilling part of movie-lovers' lives. Now the ackwledged pioneer in the genre presents his magnum opus on the subject, incorporating information and revelations never before seen in America. From the ancient Peking Opera origins to its superhero-powered future, Ric Meyers reveals the loony, the legendary, and everything in between. This vivid, action-packed book may delight, surprise, fascinate, and even enlighten you with a personal V.I.P. tour through the wondrous world of the most ridiculously exhilarating movies ever made.
- Author BiographyRic Meyers is an award-winning author, editor, consultant, teacher, and performer. His non-fiction books include The World of Fantasy Films, The Great Science Fiction Films, Murder on the Air, and TV Detectives, as well as two previous milestone martial arts movie books. His novels include the first Incredible Hulk novel, Cry of the Beast, two science fiction novels (Doomstar and Return to Doomster), three horror novels (Fear Itself, Living Hell, and Worst Nightmare) and the Dungeon & Dragons' Forgotten Realms mystery-fantasy Murder in Halruua. He was the head writer of Fangoria, associate editor of Starlog, consulting editor for Famous Monsters of Filmland, assistant editor of Movie Monsters, contributing editor for The Weekly World News, and a columnist for Asian Cult Cinema and Inside Kung Fu. He has contributed liner notes, audio commentaries, interviews, and/or cover copy for more than four hundred international DVDs. An inductee into five martial art halls of fame, he has taught seminars at movie studios like DreamWorks and TV networks like Nickelodeon, not to mention hosting the renowned San Diego Comic Con Superhero Kung Fu Extravaganza for more than a decade. Meyers has served as visiting professor at City College of New York, Brigham Young University, the Chinese Culture University in Taiwan, and the University of Bridgeport's Martial Arts Studies Degree Program. In addition to appearing on A&E, the Discovery Channel, Bravo, and Starz Encore, he has scripted the new documentary Films of Fury: The Kung Fu Movie Movie.
- Author(s)Richard Meyers
- PublisherEirini Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEirini Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.