Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionFINAL BEARING, co-written by Don Keith and CDR. George Wallace, USN (ret), a former nuclear submarine captain. Juan de Santiago is t only a billionaire coca grower, he is also a deranged revolutionary; the commander of the most powerful private army in South America. Backed by power-hungry rogue nations who supply him with the latest weaponry, de Santiago devises a plan that will dishearten the American anti-drug effort and make him El Jefe once and for all. A successful soldier in Florida's antidrug war, Tom Kincaid is an expert on Colombia, with connections that lead directly to Juan de Santiago himself. But when U.S. politicians demand a publicity-driven drug bust, they blow the cover of Kincaid's carefully crafted network, leaving most of his informants dead, and get the DEA agent exiled to the relative backwater of Seattle. Commander Jonathan Ward and his crew on the old attack sub Spadefish are on one last mission. They are to launch a strike that will put de Santiago and his empire out of business for good. They are getting help from Bill Beaman and his SEAL team, who are searching for the secret laboratories of de Santiago. Following deep jungle trails and hiking the lofty mountains of the ancient Inca Empire, they are intent on driving a stake through the heart of de Santiago's drug empire. But there is a leak in the Colombian government. Beaman and his SEALs are being stalked. From the old highways of the Incas to the plush haciendas of the drug lords, guerrilla armies are lurking, striking out at those who threaten their lucrative trade. And at the same time, a futuristic mini-sub leaves Colombia. Destination: Seattle. And it is loaded with the most lethal, addictive substance kwn to man.
- Author BiographyGeorge Wallace Born and raised in Eastern Ohio, Commander Wallaced received his commission in The US Navy and an engineering degree from The Ohio State University. He served on the USS John Adams, SSBN620, and the USS Woodrow Wilson, SSBN624, during which time he made nine deterrent patrols through the height of the Cold War. Commander Wallace served as Executive Officer on the Sturgeon class nuclear attack submarine Spadefish, SSN668, Spadefish and her sisters were decommissioned during the downsizing that occurred in the 1990's. The passing of that great ship served as the inspiration for Final Bearing. Commander Wallace then commanded the Los Angeles class nuclear attack submarine USS Houston, SSN713. During this tour, he worked extensively with the SEAL community developing SEAL/submarine tactics. Under his command, the Houston was awarded the CIA Meritoreous Unit Citation. Commander Wallace retired to the civilian business world in 1995 after twenty-two years of service in nuclear submarines. He lives with his wife, Penny, in Alexandria, VA. Don Keith Don Keith is a native Alabamian and attended the University of Alabama where he received his degree in broadcast and film with a double major in literature. He has won numerous awards from the Associated Press and United Press international for news writing and reporting. Mr. Keith was a broadcast personality for over twenty years. His first novel, The Forever Season, was published in 1995 to commercial and critical acclaim. It won the Alabama Library Association Fiction of the Year Award in 1997. His second novel, Wizard in the Wind, was based on his years in radio. Mr. Keith next released a series of young adult/men's adventure novels co-authored with Kent Wright set in stock car racing, titled the Rolling Thunder Stock Car Racing Series. Mr. Keith has most recently published several non-fiction historical works about World War II submarine history and co-authored The Ice Diaries with Captain William Anderson, the second skipper of the USS Nautilus, SSN574, the world's first nuclear submarine. Captain Anderson took the submarine on her historic trip across the top of the world and through the North Pole in August 1958. Mr. Keith lives in Pelham, Alabama.
- Author(s)George a Wallace
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.