All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe report addresses the urgent and growing threat of terrorist travel by Americans to Syria and Iraq. Despite the government's efforts to control this travel, hundreds of Americans have attempted to reach the conflict zones to join the jihadists. Using numerous briefings, interviews, site visits, and document analysis, the Task Force makes thirty-two key findings dealing with government strategy, identification of terrorists, and disruption of foreign fighter travel, including: Key Finding 1: The United States lacks a comprehensive strategy for combating terrorist and foreign fighter travel. Key Finding 14: State and local law enforcement personnel continue to express concern that they are t provided with the appropriate security clearances to assist with counterterrorism challenges. Key Finding 25: Broken travel and other evasive tactics are making it harder to track foreign fighters. Key Finding 29: Gaping security weaknesses overseas--especially in Europe--are putting the U.S. homeland in danger by making it easier for aspiring foreign fighters to migrate to terrorist hotspots and for jihadists to return to the West. Introductory remarks by security experts accompany the text and place these findings and recommendations in their proper context, explaining the critical need for effective strategy in combating terrorist travel from the United States.
- Author BiographyThe Homeland Security Committee Task Force is a bipartisan committee composed of eight members of Congress charged with examining the threat of foreign fighters. Malcolm Nance is a globally recognized counterterrorism expert and Intelligence Community member. He is the author of Defeating ISIS, An End to al-Qaeda, The Terrorists of Iraq, and the Terrorist Recognition Handbook and appears regularly on MSNBC. Nance lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Homeland Security Committee
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication17/11/2016
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Weight142 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byMalcolm Nance
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.