Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionOctober 25, 1918, is the day that goes down in history as the Inside Passage's worst maritime disaster. More than 350 people lost their lives and the CPR's British Columbia Coast Service was forever tarnished when the Princess Sophia went down off Vanderbilt Reef in Lynn Canal between Skagway and Juneau, Alaska. In this book, the authors relive the tragedy of the Princess Sophia and her last voyage and tackle questions that still linger. Was the sinking really just a peril of the sea, as the inquiry concluded? This story explores the heroic efforts of those who answered the SOS and tried to save the passengers and crew but were later the ones to recover bodies instead.
- Author BiographyIan Macdonald was born in Glasgow, Scotland. He was a reporter for the Victoria Times Colonist, the Vancouver Province, and the Vancouver Sun. He was parliamentary correspondent in Victoria and bureau chief in Ottawa for the Ottawa Sun. He worked in media relations for federal ministers and the prime minister's office, and was head of Transport Canada Information. Ian has written for magazines, radio, television and film. Betty O'Keefe was a Vancouver Province reporter for seven years in the 1950s, working as children's columnist, features writer and church editor. She then worked in corporate communications for 15 years and was commissioned to write two corporate biographies: Brenda: The Story of a Mine and The Mines of Babine Lake. Betty was the first woman to head the public-relations committee for the Mining Association of BC and the first woman to chair the information department of the Canadian Pulp and Paper Association.
- Author(s)Betty O'Keefe,Ian MacDonald
- PublisherHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/1998
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBritish Columbia
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.