All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis study analyzes the financial viability of three forest management scenarios for the Deramakot Forest Reserve in Sabah, Malaysia: Reduced Impact Logging (RIL), Low Impact Logging (LIL) and Conventional Logging (CL). Three sustainable Annual Allowable Cuts (AAC) were calculated with the process-based model FORMIX3Q. The study reveals that harvesting is feasible even under the current degraded conditions and suggests an AAC of 10,000 m3/year for at least 40 years. The integration of a costing module allowed combining the surveyed cost and revenue-related data of the harvesting scenarios with key data, e.g. the AAC, as well as a detailed analysis with financial indicators, and a sensitivity analysis. The module also provides the total balance sheet and internal cost distribution.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Soren Schopferer was born in 1975. He studied Wood Science, Technology and Economics at the University of Hamburg, passing the diploma examination in 2004. In 2000, the author participated in a project with the German Technical Cooperation (GTZ) in Simbabwe and worked as a consultant for a GTZ project and for the Section World Forestry (Hamburg) in Sabah (Malaysia). Since 2005 he works as a sales manager for an international home furnishing company in Toronto (Canada). Reinhold Glauner is Senior Scientist at the Institute for World Forestry and at the Federal Research Centre for Forestry and Forest Products in Hamburg.
- Author(s)Reinhold Glauner,Soeren Schopferer
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSozialwissenschaftliche Schriften Zur Forst- Und Holzwirtschaft
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefig. and tab.
- Weight280 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.