All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionFinancial Contagion: The Viral Threat to the Wealth of Nations covers a lot of territory. It is, of course, terribly important to analyze case histories to discover potential triggers, mechanisms of transmission, and viable ways to contain the damage of financial contagion. The problem is, as these articles amply demonstrate, that there s always a new virus or a mutation of a former one lurking in some corner of the financial world. We don t kw what it is or where it is. And, even if we had some inkling, there s almost never eugh time to develop a financial flu shot. --SeekingAlpha.com The latest insights on financial contagion and how both nations and investors can effectively deal with it. The domi-style structure in which the financial system exists is a perilous one. Although historically, the financial system has been able to deal with major shocks, the fact remains that our financial system is t as secure as it should be. Recent years have brought about too many examples of contagion and systemic risk. That is why Financial Contagion is such an important read. In it, the serious concerns that revolve around our fragile ecomic system are investigated, researched, and explained. Throughout the book, Kolb offers valuable insights on this dilemma as he compiles the history of financial contagion, highlights the latest research on systemic failure and interrelated markets, and analyzes the risks and consequences we face moving forward. * Examines the importance of careful regulation and what must be done to stabilize the global financial system * Includes contributed chapters from both academics and experienced professionals, offering a variety of perspectives and a rich interplay of ideas * Details how close we are to witnessing a financial contagion that could devastate the world ecomy We have been harshly reminded of how fragile our ecomic ecosystem is. With Financial Contagion, you'll hold a better understanding of what needs to be done to strengthen our system and safeguard our financial future.
- Author BiographyROBERT W. KOLB is the Frank W. Considine Chair of Applied Ethics and Professor of Finance at Loyola University Chicago. Before this, he was the assistant dean, Business and Society, and director, Center for Business and Society, at the University of Colorado at Boulder, and a department chairman at the University of Miami. Kolb has authored over twenty books on finance, derivatives, and futures, as well as numerous articles in leading finance journals.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/03/2011
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleRobert W. Kolb Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width179 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byRobert W. Kolb
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.