All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores some relevant distortions and market failures in financial and banking markets caused by the recent financial crisis and offers important insights to policymakers as well. After having introduced the reader to the ecomic background behind the origin of the present financial turmoil, the book proposes a distinct angle to look at some macro and microecomic aspects. The volume discusses whether and to what extent policies, implemented by governments and monetary authorities to countervail bank defaults and avoid a disastrous financial instability, have in some way determined opportunistic conducts (moral hazard), changes in banks' behaviour, distortive incentives and market failures. Furthermore, the book offers a viewpoint on the effects of the evolution of regulation for the banking sector. Finally, the book assesses how the increase in the cost of funding and the shrinking in credit supply (credit crunch) has modified the financial structure of small and medium firms. To illustrate this, some specific cases at Italian regional level are examined.
- Author BiographyStefania P. S. Rossi is Professor of Economics at the Department of Economics and Business of the University of Cagliari. She has been Visiting Scholar at the Stanford University, Research Economist at the World Bank, Professor at the University of Vienna and at the International Diplomatic Academy of Vienna. Her publications comprise many articles in international academic journals. Roberto Malavasi is Chair of Financial Markets and Institutions at the Department of Economics and Business of the University of Cagliari. He has been teaching Banking and Finance for more than 40 years. His publications comprise articles either in Italian and international journals, as well as some finance and international finance textbooks.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication29/07/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleContributions to Economics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 38 colour illustrations, 42 black & white tables, biography
- Weight479 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byRoberto Malavasi,Stefania Patrizia Sonia Rossi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.