Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis study examines the financial feasibility, techlogical improvements, and construction procedures that are occurring in the space industry with respect to the feasibility of developing a small lightweight tactical intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) satellite system dedicated to the warfighter. The current space based ISR support to the warfighter is through systems that were designed and built to support the National Command Authority (NCA) and the strategic level. The responsiveness of these national systems combined with recent and projected improvements suggests that a dedicated space based ISR system for the warfighter is recommended. This study compared the warfighters needs to the current and most likely short-term future capabilities of national systems and to a system that would be dedicated to the warfighter. All of the warfighters needs were evaluated and rated individually then rank ordered and weighted. These were then used to evaluate whether a national or tactical system would provide the best support. The conclusion of this study is that despite a marginal increase in overall cost a dedicated space based ISR satellite system for the warfighter is recommended. A tactical ISR satellite system would significantly improve the timeliness and quality of support to the warfighter. In an ever increasingly time sensitive and information-demanding environment the warfighters success will depend on these systems.
- Author(s)Donald M Hodge
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight218 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.