Financial Institutions Management: A Risk Management Approach by Anthony Saunders, Marcia Millon Cornett (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $395.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $188.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSaunders and Cornett's Financial Institutions Management: A Risk Management Approach provides an invative approach that focuses on managing return and risk in modern financial institutions. The central theme is that the risks faced by financial institutions managers and the methods and markets through which these risks are managed are becoming increasingly similar whether an institution is chartered as a commercial bank, a savings bank, an investment bank, or an insurance company. Although the traditional nature of each sector's product activity is analysed, a greater emphasis is placed on new areas of activities such as asset securitisation, off-balance-sheet banking, and international banking.
- Author BiographyAnthony Saunders is the John M. Schiff Professor of Finance and the Chair of the Department of Finance at the Stern School of Business at New York University. Professor Saunders received his PhD from the London School of Economics and has taught both undergraduate and graduate level courses at NYU since 1978. Throughout his academic career, his teaching and research have specialized in financial institutions and international banking. He has served as a visiting professor all over the world, including INSEAD, the Stockholm School of Economics, and the University of Melbourne. He is currently on the Executive Committee of the Salomon Center for the Study of Financial Institutions, NYU. His research has been published in all the major money and banking and finance journals and in several books. In addition, he has authored or co-authored several professional books, the most recent of which is Credit Risk Measurement: New Approaches to Value at Risk and Other Paradigms, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1999. Marcia Millon Cornett Robert A. and Julia E. Dorn Professor of Finance at Bentley University. She received her B.S. degree in economics from Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois, and her M.B.A. and Ph.D. degrees in finance from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. Dr. Cornett has written and published several articles in the areas of bank performance, bank regulation, corporate finance, and investments. Articles authored by Dr. Cornett have appeared in such academic journals as the Journal of Finance; the Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking; the Journal of Financial Economics; Financial Management; and the Journal of Banking and Finance. She was recently ranked the 124th most published out of more than 17,600 authors and the number five female author in finance literature over the last 50 years. Along with Anthony Saunders, Dr. Cornett has recently completed work on the ninth edition of Financial Institutions Management (McGraw-Hill Education) and the sixth edition of Financial Markets and Institutions (McGraw-Hill Education). Professor Cornett serves as an associate editor for the Journal of Banking and Finance, the Journal of Financial Services Research, Review of Financial Economics, Financial Review, and Multinational Finance Journal. Dr. Cornett has served as a member of the board of directors, the executive committee, and the finance committee of the SIU Credit Union. Dr. Cornett has also taught at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, the University of Colorado, Boston College, and Southern Methodist University. She is a member of the Financial Management Association, the American Finance Association, and the Western Finance Association.
- Author(s)Anthony Saunders,Marcia Millon Cornett
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleIrwin Finance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight1789 g
- Width223 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.