All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe impact of the global financial crisis on government funds has been significant, with squeezed budgets having to satisfy ever-increasing demands for public services. Managers working in the public sector are confronted daily with targets and demands that are often set in confusing accounting and financial language. In Financial Management and Accounting in the Public Sector, Gary Bandy employs a clear and concise narrative to introduce the core concepts of accounting and financial management in the public sector and how to deliver services that represent value for money. This second edition has been revised and updated throughout, offering: * an increased focus on post-crisis austerity * more international examples of public financial management * greater coverage of governance, accountability and risk management With a glossary of terms to help managers understand and be understood by accountants, as well as learning objectives, case studies and discussion questions, this practical textbook will help students of public management and administration to understand the financial and accounting aspects of managing public services.
- Author BiographyGary Bandy is a chartered public finance accountant whose career in local government included three years as Director of Financial Services at Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council. He has been a self-employed consultant since 2005 and has advised organizations across the spectrum of the public sector on public financial management issues. Gary has an MPA from Warwick Business School and has taught public financial management on a number of the Business School's programmes. He is also the convenor of the University of Nottingham's MPA finance module.
- Author(s)Gary Bandy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Masters in Public Management
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 23 black & white tables, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight630 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.