All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIntentionally provocative, Alban founder and former president Loren Mead's dynamic work sets out dramatic and compelling challenges for today's churches. Mead chose the word meltdown -a strong term, indeed-very carefully and consciously. His clarion call urges congregations to direct attention to their dwindling financial resources and their unreliable fiscal practices, and to take major action w-or face disaster in the future. Mead addresses changing church giving patterns; the inconsistent ways congregations keep financial records; the lack of coordinated short- and long-range planning; the need for kwledge of sound financial techniques such as accounting for inflation; an over-reliance on restructuring to fix problems; and lack of defensive planning for operational costs.
- Author BiographyLoren B. Mead, an Episcopal priest, founded the Alban Institute in 1974, Since his retirement as Alban president in 1993, he has continued to consult with congregations, lecture, and write. He is also the author of The Once and Future Church, Transforming Congregations for the Future, and--his latest title--A Change of Paators...and How it Affacts Change in the Congregation.
- Author(s)Loren B. Mead
- PublisherAlban Institute, Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1998
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleMoney Faith and Leadership
- Place of PublicationBethesda, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlban Institute, Inc
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.