All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionFinancial Modeling for Business Owners and Entrepreneurs: Developing Excel Models to Raise Capital, Increase Cash Flow, Improve Operations, Plan Projects, and Make Decisions may be one of the most important books any entrepreneur or manager in a small or medium-sized enterprise will read. It combines logical business principles and strategies with a step-by-step methodology for planning and modeling a company and solving specific business problems. You'll learn to create operational and financial models in Excel that describe the workings of your company in quantitative terms and that make it far more likely you will avoid the traps and dead ends many businesses fall into. Serial entrepreneur and financial expert Tom Y. Sawyer shows how to break your company down into basic functional and operational components that can be modeled. The result is a financial model that, for example, you can literally take to the bank or bring to local angel investors to receive the funding you need to launch your business or a new product. Or it might be a model that shows with startling clarity that your new product development effort is a likely winner--or loser. Even better, you'll learn to create models that will serve as guideposts for ongoing operations. You'll always kw just where you are financially, and where you need to be. The models you will learn to build in Financial Modeling for Business Owners and Entrepreneurs can be used to: * Raise capital for startup or any stage of growth* Plan projects and new initiatives* Make astute business decisions, including go/-go assessments* Analyze ROI on your product development and marketing expenditures* Streamline operations, manage budgets, improve efficiency, and reduce costs* Value the business when it is time to cash out or merge In addition to many valuable exercises and tips for using Excel to model your business, this book contains a combination of practical advice born of hard-won lessons, advanced strategic thought, and the insightful use of hard skills. With a basic kwledge of Excel assumed, it will help you learn to think like an experienced business person who expects to make money on the products or services offered to the public. You'll discover that the financial model is a key management tool that, if built correctly, provides invaluable assistance every step of the entrepreneurial journey. Tom Y. Sawyer has used the principles this book contains to create financial models of numerous startup and early-stage companies, assisting them in planning for and raising the capital that they needed to grow their businesses and ultimately exit with multiples of their initial investment. Financial Modeling for Business Owners and Entrepreneurs, a mini-MBA in entrepreneurship and finance, will show you how you can do the same. Note: This book is an updated version of Sawyer's 2009 title, Pro Excel Financial Modeling.
- Author BiographystrongTom Y. Sawyer/strong has a proven track record as a principal architect, leader, and strategist for successful business and technology ventures. He currently provides management and technology consulting services to technology-focused enterprises, specializing in early stage organization, product development, go to market strategies, and financial modeling. A serial entrepreneur, Tom founded and sold an Internet data storage dot-com, served as president of a regional Colorado Internet service provider where he directed the strategic sale of the company, and served as the first president of Mover's Suite Software, today the largest enterprise software and consulting company in the moving industry. He also served as chief technology officer and on the board of directors of Guardian ProStar, a provider of advanced GPS/GIS services to the utility industry. Tom gained Fortune 100 senior management experience as director of information technology for the Martin Marietta Space Launch Systems Titan IV missile program, where he received the Outstanding Achievement Award for Information Technology Management in his last year of service. Prior to his Fortune 100 career, he served in progressively more responsible financial management and financial planning positions in banking, technology services, and computer manufacturing. He holds a bachelor's degree in business administration in finance from the University of Florida.
- Author(s)Tom Sawyer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication22/09/2014
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note222 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight657 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.