All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA top risk management practitioner addresses the essential aspects of modern financial risk management In the Second Edition of Financial Risk Management + Website, market risk expert Steve Allen offers an insider's view of this discipline and covers the strategies, principles, and measurement techniques necessary to manage and measure financial risk. Fully revised to reflect today's dynamic environment and the lessons to be learned from the 2008 global financial crisis, this reliable resource provides a comprehensive overview of the entire field of risk management. Allen explores real-world issues such as proper mark-to-market valuation of trading positions and determination of needed reserves against valuation uncertainty, the structuring of limits to control risk taking, and a review of mathematical models and how they can contribute to risk control. Along the way, he shares valuable lessons that will help to develop an intuitive feel for market risk measurement and reporting. * Presents key insights on how risks can be isolated, quantified, and managed from a top risk management practitioner * Offers up-to-date examples of managing market and credit risk * Provides an overview and comparison of the various derivative instruments and their use in risk hedging * Companion Website contains supplementary materials that allow you to continue to learn in a hands-on fashion long after closing the book Focusing on the management of those risks that can be successfully quantified, the Second Edition of Financial Risk Management + Websiteis the definitive source for managing market and credit risk.
- Author BiographySTEVEN ALLEN is a risk management consultant, specializing in risk measurement and valuation with a particular emphasis on illiquid and hard-to-value assets. Until his retirement in 2004, he was Managing Director in charge of risk methodology at JPMorgan Chase, where he was responsible for model validation, risk capital allocation, and the development of new measures of valuation, reserves, and risk for both market and credit risk. Previously, he was in charge of market risk for derivative products at Chase. He has been a key architect of Chase's value-at-risk and stress testing systems. Prior to his work in risk management, Allen was the head of analysis and model building for all Chase trading activities for over ten years. Since 1998, Allen has been associated with the Mathematics in Finance Master's Program at New York University's Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences. In this program, he has served as Clinical Associate Professor and Deputy Director and has created and taught courses in risk management, derivatives mathematics, and interest rate and credit models. He was a member of the board of directors of the International Association of Financial Engineers and continues to serve as co-chair of their Education Committee.
- Author(s)Steve L. Allen
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication12/02/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleWiley Finance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight878 g
- Width170 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Online resource
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.