All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes valuation as an exercise in financial statement analysis. Students learn to view a firm through its financial statements and to carry out the appropriate financial statement analysis to value the firm's debt and equity. The book takes an activist approach to investing, showing how the analyst challenges the current market price of a share by analyzing the fundamentals. With a careful assessment of accounting quality, accounting comes to life as it is integrated with the modern theory of finance to develop practical analysis and valuation tools for active investing.
- Author BiographyThe George O. May Professor and the Morgan Stanley Research Scholar in the Graduate School of Business, Columbia University. He also serves as co-director of Columbia's Center for Excellence in Accounting and Security Analysis. Prior to his appointment at Columbia in 1999, Stephen Penman was the L.H. Penny Professor in the Walter A. Haas School of Business at the University of California at Berkeley. From 1990-95 he served a Chairman of the Professional Accounting Program and Chairman of the Accounting Faculty at Berkeley. He also initiated and chaired Berkeley's Annual Conference on Financial Reporting. He has served as a Visiting Professor at Columbia University and the London Business School of Economic. Professor Penman received a first-class honors degree in Commerce from the University of Queensland, Australia, and M.B.A. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Chicago.
- Author(s)Stephen H. Penman
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width203 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement5th International edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.