All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $25.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis is one those rare prefaces in which the author need t attempt to justify, or apologize for, the addition of ather book to an already over- burdened field. There is certainly plethora of serious studies on inter- national organization in general, and almost ne dealing with the administrative aspects of such organization. More precisely, the author is t aware of a single comprehensive treatment of the finances of any international political organization, past or present. Over the years, many former Secretariat members of the League, the United Nations, and their affiliated agencies have come forth with either memoirs or general commentaries on their organizations. And frequently these works have included revealing, but brief, passages dealing with budg- etary questions, yet ne has dealt with these questions in any detailed or thorough fashion. It is unfortunate that this is so. Not that the fate of the world rides on the United Nations budget, or that matters of peace and war will be determined by the dollars and cents of the Secretary-General's estimates. Yet questions of real importance to many of the world's citizens are decided in the budgetary struggle. Until the policy decisions of the various organs are translated into budget items, there is visiting mission to encourageTogoland's movement toward eventual self-govern- ment, cease-fire observer in the Middle East, rehabilitation com- mission in South Korea, and public administration advisor in San- tiago.
- Author(s)J. David Singer
- Date of Publication01/01/1961
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight374 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.