All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionAccess to affordable energy is essential for sustainable ecomic development and improvement in living standards. The aim of this book is to act as a guide for development workers for financing small renewable systems and a source of reference for further in-depth investigation. The book examines the issues which affect the success of a renewable energy financing programme on both a financial and a technical level: those interested in setting up financing schemes for renewable energy techlogies must also be aware of the technical parameters, which can then be factored into any scheme. Photovoltaics has been chosen as the main example, as one of the most cost-effective ways of bringing electricity to remote areas. However, many of the examples and the financing issues discussed are also applicable to other renewable energy techlogies.
- Author BiographyJenniy Gregory is Manager Sustainable Technology Development at Victorian Department of Primary Industries, Melbourne, Australia. Professor Semida Silveira is Professor in Energy Systems Planning. Her research work is focused on the global dimensions of energy systems change, and meeting global challenges such as climate change and development. Present focus of her research is on energy systems planning and policy, bioenergy, electrification and development. Anthony Derrick is Managing Director & Co-founder of Marine Energy Technologies Database (www.itpower.co.uk). Derrick has 30 years experience in renewable energy and development in industrial, academic and consulting environments. He has completed assignments for the UN, World Bank, EU and other international agencies in more than 50 countries world-wide.
- Author(s)Anthony Derrick,Catherine Alinson,Jenniy Gregory,Oliver Parish,Paul Cowley,Semida Silveira
- PublisherITDG Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/1997
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintITDG Publishing
- Weight203 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.