All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA selection of the best of three decades of writing about poetry, a celebration of the tenacious curiosity (Los Angeles Times) of the Nobel laureateWhether autobiographical, topical, or specifically literary, these writings circle the central preoccupying questions of Seamus Heaney's career: How should a poet properly live and write? What is his relationship to his own voice, his own place, his literary heritage, and the contemporary world? Along with a selection from Heaney's three previous collections of prose ( Preoccupations, The Government of the Tongue, and The Redress of Poetry ), the present volume includes a rich variety of pieces t previously collected in books, ranging from formal lectures to radio commentaries about the rural Ireland of his childhood to illuminating reviews of his contemporaries. In its soundings of a wide range of poets Irish and British, American and Eastern European, predecessors, fellows, and successors Finders Keepers becomes, as its title heralds, an anuncement of both excitement and possession.
- Author BiographySeamus Heaney (1939-2013) received the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1995. His poems, plays, translations, and essays include Opened Ground, Electric Light, Beowulf, The Spirit Level, District and Circle, and Finders Keepers. Robert Lowell praised Heaney as the most important Irish poet since Yeats.
- Author(s)Seamus Heaney
- PublisherFarrar, Straus and Giroux
- Date of Publication16/04/2003
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus and Giroux
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.