Finding Forever: The Dogs of Coastal German Shepherd Rescue by Dobie Houson (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.25+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionAnimals are wise and wonderful teachers. They show us, among other things, what it means to love fully, deeply, and unconditionally; to live without judgment; and to forgive even those who have hurt us most. Anyone who has ever gazed into the soulful eyes of their animal companion and wondered what they were thinking will fall in love with the stories of these dogs and their journey to overcome adversity, sometimes against all odds. In Finding Forever, a collection of heartwarming dog stories by author Dobie Houson, you'll meet Gavin, a sensitive German Shepherd who tells the author, an animal communicator, that she has saved his life; and strapping Spartacus, who opens his wounded heart and finds the love of his life on Valentines Day; pint-sized Shepherds, Patience and Eve, both pregnant, both abandoned, and both on death row, illustrate the power of friendship and its ability to heal us and lift us up when all seems lost; then there's Annika, a gentle bunny-soft shepherd whose message for the human race is that we must all expand our awareness and live life with a higher purpose. These are just a few of the dogs you'll meet and fall in love with in Finding Forever: The Dogs of Coastal German Shepherd Rescue, a collection of short stories that chronicles the hope, faith, and courage of twenty-six German Shepherds in search of their forever homes. Finding Forever - A heartwarming dog book that is a profound must read for dog lovers everywhere.
- Author BiographyDobie Houson is an activist for animal rights, an animal communicator, and the author of Finding Forever: The Dogs of Coastal German Shepherd Rescue. An ardent activist for animal rescue, Houson is founder and executive director of Finding Forever, a foundation dedicated to raising money and awareness for animal rescue causes through the arts. Dobie Houson, a lifelong animal lover and animal communicator, has worked with dogs, cats, and horses. But it was her desire to understand and connect with animals on a deeper, more meaningful level that ultimately led her to study animal communication, including honing her telepathic skills. She has trained with some of the country's most respected intuitive counselors and animal communicators and, today, is a sought-after teacher and trainer herself. A professional communicator and prolific writer, Dobie Houson contributed to Why We Ride: Women Writers on the Horses in Their Lives (Seal Press, 2010), a popular anthology edited by writer and educator Verna Dreisbach. She also heads StrategiCreation, a marketing and communications consultancy for business start-ups. When she's not working with animals, Dobie Houson serves as director of marketing research for The Ken Blanchard Companies, a global consulting firm specializing in leadership and talent development. Her research has been published in many world-class academic journals. Dobie Houson lives in Valley Center, California, north of San Diego, with her family, her animal companions and her lively horse, Bear.
- Author(s)Dobie Houson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.