All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionFinding God in Solitude explores the devotional piety of one of America's most important religious figures, Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758) of Massachusetts. From his childhood to his death shortly after becoming president of Princeton, and especially from his Christian conversion through his Northampton pastorate and the Great Awakening to his missionary work among Indians on the frontier, Edwards' personal spirituality is evaluated, particularly in terms of its impact upon his pastoral ministry. Specifically, the influence of his private piety on his public labors is considered in terms of his pastoral relationships, his pastoral preaching, and his pastoral publications. Edwards' piety and his pastoral ministry are also assessed in light of their relative consistency with both the English Puritan and Colonial New England Puritan heritage from which Edwards was descended. This book would be useful in courses on Jonathan Edwards, American religious history, Colonial New England, Puritanism, Christian spirituality, or pastoral ministry.
- Author BiographyDonald S. Whitney received a DMin from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois, and a PhD in theology from the University of the Free State in Bloemfontein, South Africa. Since 2005 he has been Professor of Biblical Spirituality and Associate Dean at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. Prior to this he taught for ten years at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri. With twenty-four years of pastoral experience, Whitney is the author of seven books, including Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life.
- Author(s)Donald S. Whitney
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number340
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight390 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.