Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.21Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionRich and beautiful, Gary Crew's text is redolent with the sounds and colours of the Australian bush. This picture book for older children is an ode and an obituary to the indigeus landscape, much of which was destroyed by white colonists. Igrance and selfishness can destroy the things we love and value most - the child whose parents don't value his differences, the beauty of wild nature - and this story offers the reader a metaphor for the greater destruction of the environment through thoughtless acts.
- Author BiographyDr Gary Crew, author, has won the Australian Children's Book of the Year four times. He is Associate Professor, Creative Writing, at the University of the Sunshine Coast. Gary has published over 40 novels and illustrated books including Strange Objects, The Watertower and Memorial.
- Author(s)Gary Crew
- PublisherHybrid Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationOrmond
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHybrid Publishers
- Weight401 g
- Width236 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.