All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOften sports guides can seem to exist in a vacuum that doesn't take into account the complexity of the world the potential athlete inhabits. Yes of course I want to get better,' they wish to shout at the guide, 'that doesn't mean that I suddenly don't work a full time job or have to cook for my family.' Unusually, sporting champion Scott Tindley also holds a PhD in cultural studies. This deep kwledge of both sport itself, and of n- athletic culture, make this the perfect guide for those who aren't already athletes.'
- Author Biography<b>Scott Tinley</b> is a former world-class professional athlete who has competed in over 400 triathlons, winning the IRONMAN(r) World Championship twice and the IRONMAN(r) World Series three times. Scott was inducted into both the Triathlon Hall of Fame and the IRONMAN(r) Hall of Fame upon retirement in 1999. He founded and developed the sport of off-road triathlon, and continues to co-own and manage the longest running off-road triathlon in the world. He has done television commentary for CBS, ESPN, and ABC; been a contributing writer for CBSNews.com; and written for <i>Sports Illustrated</i>, <i>Men's Journal</i>, <i>Triathlete Magazine</i>, and <i>Outside Magazine</i>. Scott lives near the beach in Del Mar, California and on a ranch west of Gaviota, California with his famil
- Author(s)Scott Tinley
- PublisherHatherleigh Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHatherleigh Press,U.S.
- Weight306 g
- Width153 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.