All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- Description<b>Don't Think, Just Believe?</b> That's the mantra in many circles today--whether the church, the classroom, the campus, or the voting booth.<b>Time for a Reality Check</b> Nancy Pearcey, bestselling and critically acclaimed author, offers fresh tools to break free from presumed certainties and test them against reality. In <i>Finding Truth</i>, she explains five powerful principles that penetrate to the core of any worldview--secular or religious--to uncover its deepest motivations and weigh its claims. A former agstic, Pearcey demonstrates that a robust Christian worldview matches reality--that it is t only true but attractive, granting higher dignity to the human person than any alternative. <i>Finding Truth</i> displays Pearcey's well-earned reputation for clear and cogent writing. She brings themes to life with personal stories and real-world examples. And the study guide in <i>Finding Truth </i>was shaped by questions from readers like you, from teens to college professors, and is ideal for individual or group study.
- Author BiographyNancy Pearcey is author of the 2005 ECPA Gold Medallion Award winner <i>Total Truth: Liberating Christianity from Its Cultural Captivity</i> and the 2000 ECPA Gold Medallion Award winner (coauthored by Harold Fickett and Chuck Colson) <i>How Now Shall We Live?</i> Formerly an agnostic, Pearcey studied under Francis Schaeffer at L'Abri. She earned an MA from Covenant Theological Seminary and pursued further graduate work in History of Philosophy at the Institute for Christian Studies in Toronto. Heralded as America's pre-eminent evangelical Protestant female intellectual (The Economist), Pearcey is professor and scholar in residence at Houston Baptist University. She is a fellow of the Discovery Institute and editor-at-large of <i>The Pearcey Report</i>. As founding editor of <i>BreakPoint</i>, she also coauthored a monthly column with Chuck Colson in <i>Christianity Today</i>. Pearcey has contributed to several books and published more than a hundred articles. She has spoken in the US Capitol and the White House; at universities such as Princeton, Stanford, and Dartmouth; to actors in Hollywood and artists in New York City; on NPR and C-SPAN. Her earlier books include <i>The Soul of Science</i> and <i>Saving Leonardo</i>.
- Author(s)Nancy Pearcey
- PublisherDavid C Cook Publishing Company
- Date of Publication14/05/2015
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationColorado Springs, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDavid C Cook Publishing Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width164 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.