Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $48.59
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionFollowers of Christ are described in the New Testament as a 'royal priesthood' and 'inheritors of the kingdom' - people with incredible potential and ermous responsibility. Yet the selves we see in the mirror are flawed and failing, all too often tongue-tied and terrified. 'The King's Speech' is such a runaway success because it holds that mirror to our world, and offers hope of overcoming the difficulties. It shows hope built out of friendship, trust and supportive love; and courage in the face of gathering evil. Lent is traditionally a time for strengthening resolve, bringing believers together in trust and encouragement as they strive to follow their calling. The purpose of this course could be summed up in the words of the King's speech therapist: 'To give them faith in their voice and let them kw a friend is listening.' The course, which offers five group sessions plus weekly material for private reading, uses the film as a discussion starter and relates it to what the Bible has to say about such universal issues as discouragement and determination, fear and friendship, calling and courage.
- Author BiographyHilary Brand is the author of several books including the best-selling Lent course Christ and the Chocolaterie.
- Author(s)Hilary Brand
- PublisherDarton,Longman & Todd Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDarton,Longman & Todd Ltd
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.