All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by children for children, this unique workbook is both written and illustrated by children and teenagers who have experienced the death of someone close to them - a parent, grandparent, sibling or friend. They describe their often confusing thoughts and emotions immediately after the bereavement and discuss how their day-to-day lives were affected, including such diverse issues as the reactions of those around them, practical changes and managing school and schoolwork. They offer advice, based on their own experiences, on how to cope with the practical and emotional upheavals of bereavement. The workbook's interactive style encourages readers to write about and draw their own feelings and experiences, to consider personal coping strategies and examine their relationships with those around them who may be able to offer support. Advice on how to seek external support and a list of helpful agencies are also provided. The supportive and interactive style of this book will make it a valuable source of help and encouragement for bereaved children and teenagers. It will also be useful to adults seeking to understand how children and teenagers experience bereavement.
- Author BiographyPat Mood has spent 20 years working with individuals and families facing death and bereavement. She has been involved in setting up a hospice-based bereavement centre, training professionals and volunteers and facilitating group work with bereaved children. She is currently a social worker at East Cheshire Hospice, Macclesfield. Lesley Whittaker was a primary school teacher for many years before training as a counsellor. She worked for six years as Bereavement Services Co-ordinator for a large local hospice. This led her into working with bereaved children both individually and in groups. At present she has a private practice in counselling, training and supervision.
- Author(s)Lesley Whittaker,Pat Mood
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/04/2001
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight108 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $61.59Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.