All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs truth a word we use only to affirm a statement, or is it also something more? In Finding and Confirming Truth, John S. Pletz explains that truth is more than mere affirmation. It also is the conclusion reached when we have effectively confirmed that an assertion accurately depicts the facts that it describes. Following a delineation of the major types of inferences used in confirming the truth of statements and the justifications for each of them, Pletz discusses the process used in identifying and verifying factual truth. That process includes the critical step of assessing the degree of certainty we have in a confirmed assertion, which the author contends must be ascertained before we should conclude that any statement is true. Finally, Pletz employs this confirmation framework and process in seeking the truth of the concept of truth itself.
- Author BiographyJohn S. Pletz is also the author of Being Ethical; First, Do No Unjust Harm: Recognizing and Confronting Evil; and Terrorism and Moral Condemnation: Why Indiscriminate Lethal Terrorist Acts Are Evil.
- Author(s)John S. Pletz
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication10/05/2010
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight222 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.