All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinding the Right Place on the Map is a cross-cutting, international comparison of the media systems and the democratic performance of the media in post-Communist countries. It explores issues of commercial media, social exclusion, and consumer capitalism in a comparative East-West perspective.Each chapter considers a different aspect of the trends and problems surrounding the media in comparative European and global perspectives. The result is a creative collaboration of leading authors from East and West that covers a rich array of controversial subjects in a comprehensive manner. The topics range from the civil society approach to media and public service broadcasting to journalism cultures, fandom and representation of poverty and gender that reinforce social exclusion and legitimize consumer capitalism. Finding the Right Place on the Map is a unique, up-to-date overview of what media transformation has meant for Post-Communist countries in nearly two decades.Strong comparative Eastern European-Western European and Eastern European-Chinese comparisons offer cutting-edge scholarship. The creative collaboration of leading authors in the field from East and West results in a unique and unusual book. The book covers a rich array of controversial topics in a comprehensive manner.
- Author BiographyKarol Jakubowicz is a member of the Council of the Independent Media Commission in Kosovo, as well as of the Intergovernmental Council of the UNESCO Information for All Programme. Miklos Sukosd is Associate Professor of Political Science and Academic Director at the Centre for Media and Communication Studies, Central European University.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKarol Jakubowicz,Miklos Sukosd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.