All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionChoosing a psychiatrist is complicated. If a person doesn't kw what to look for and the questions to ask, finding the right psychiatrist can be daunting.The goal is to find one who, while remaining a competent physician, is as comfortable and capable working with problems of the mind as he or she is prescribing psychiatric medications. Combining over forty years of experience as a practising psychiatrist with an insider's perspective of current psychiatric practise, Dr. Robert Taylor provides invaluable guidance to persons considering psychiatric treatment or contemplating a change of doctor in an effort to find better treatment. Cautioning readers against settling for a psychiatrist who views psychodrugs as the treatment, Dr. Taylor provides specific suggestions for avoiding the growing number of psychiatrists who write scripts automatically. In recent decades, psychiatric care has been overly reliant on psychodrugs. Patient diagses are being seriously questioned. Finding the Right Psychiatrist encourages people to seek care from a complete psychiatrist - one able and willing to pursue matters of mind and brain/body, rather than settling on psychodrugs as the main treatment. Throughout the book, readers learn about the proper uses and limits of psychiatric diagsis. Dr. Taylor carefully outlines an individualised approach to psychiatric care guided more by a patient's particular problems and situation than by diagses that often mislead more than help. He provides a realistic appraisal of psychiatric medications: what they can and cant do as well, a discussion of mind work tools, traits of effective psychiatrists, suggestions for how to deal with common insurance company obstacles and an explanation of the confusing politics of psychiatry. An indispensable resource for anyone seeking psychiatric help or tasked with advising someone of what to look for in a doctor, Finding the Right Psychiatrist gives hope and guidance to those searching for complete and personalised care.
- Author BiographyRobert L. Taylor, M.D. has practised clinical psychiatry throughout the United States and in New Zealand. In addition to private practise, he has designed and managed mental health programmes, served as a training specialist at the National Institute of Mental Health and testified before Congress on national health insurance. He is the author of Mind or Body, Health Fact, Health Fiction , and Psychological Masquerade , now in its third edition.
- Author(s)Robert L. Taylor
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Weight263 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.