All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.25Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor Hunter Hammersen has been collecting vintage etiquette guides since she was little. The guides were written before books were filled with page after page of colour pictures, but their authors still had very distinct opinions about what you should be wearing. This means the books are full of marvellous descriptions that you can interpret however you choose, which is exactly what Hunter has done. She started with delightful quotes from some of her most treasured books and used them to design a whole host of different patterns. Each includes the quote that inspired it and each pattern's name is taken from its quote. (For those of you wondering, the title of the book is also drawn from a particularly amusing line in one of the books.) And, while the inspiration for the patterns may have come from vintage sources, the pieces themselves are perfectly suited to the today's knitter. There's t a petticoat, corset, or lace handkerchief in the bunch. Instead you'll find socks, shawls, mitts, and hats that fit perfectly in a modern wardrobe.
- Author BiographyHunter is a knitter and perpetual student living in Cleveland, Ohio. You can find out more about her and her adventures at www.violentlydomestic.com.
- Author(s)Hunter Hammersen
- PublisherPantsville Press
- Date of Publication09/03/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationOH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPantsville Press
- Content Note60 colour illustrations
- Weight584 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.