CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by 43 Squadron's intelligence officer, Hector Bolitho, Finest of the Few is full of John's first-hand accounts of his combat missions against German Me 109s, Heinkel 111s and Dorniers. One of Hector's key roles was to collate and verify the 'Combat Reports' filed by pilots which detailed enemy 'kills' and the fate of fellow pilots who had been shot down. He was a good friend of John Simpson and the book was written during 1940 based on conversations between the two men, John's Combat Reports and letters John sent to Hector.
- Author BiographyHector Bolitho was Intelligence Officer for 43 Squadron, one of the RAF fighter squadrons at the centre of the battle for France and the Battle of Britain. One of his key roles was to collate and verify 'Combat Reports' filed by pilots which detailed enemy 'kills' and what had become of RAF pilots who had been shot down. He was a good friend of John Simpson and the book was written based on John's Combat Reports and letters and Hector's own diary of 1940.
- Author(s)Hector Bolitho
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note79
- Weight249 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.