All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.20
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionSignificant advances in the field of microflora of aquatic animals, including fish and invertebrates, demands a practical laboratory text with the current methods for the bacteriological analysis of health and disease in fish and shellfish. Practical rather than theoretical, this manual is useful for individuals working in aquatic, environmental, and veterinary science, and in aquaculture, public health, and aquatic research. Methods are presented for the isolation and identification of bacterial pathogens in fish and shellfish and zootic pathogens in shellfish. The step-by-step presentation of procedures guides students in aquatic health and newcomers to the diagstic laboratory, while providing a refresher course for the more experienced laboratory employee. Numerous tables and illustrations further assist readers.Thorough coverage of basic bacteriological techniques ensures that even the inexperienced aquatic health diagstician will need additional resources. The effective, easy-to-follow organization of the Finfish and Shellfish Bacteriology Manual make it the primary sourcebook for any laboratory. Whether it's used as an occasional quick reference by the experienced fish diagstician, or as a tool to build diagstic capabilities from the ground up, this book rises to the challenge.
- Author BiographyKimberley A. Whitman BSc., specializes in microbiology, and has 20 years experience working as a fish health bacteriologist/biologist with government agencies, academic institutions, and industry. Currently, Ms. Whitman is working with Malaspina University - College, Nanaimo, British Columbia as a fish health instructor. She also is employed with the private sector implementing a quality assurance program for a marine extraction plant, and is the owner of OHB Enterprises as a consultant for international aquatic facilities.
- Author(s)Kimberley Whitman
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication28/01/2004
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content Note30
- Weight457 g
- Width165 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Spiral bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.