All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe author, who died in 1984, is well-kwn both as a person and through his research in mathematical logic and theoretical computer science. In the first part of the book he presents the new classical theory of finite automata as unary algebras which he himself invented about 30 years ago. Many results, like his work on structure lattices or his characterization of regular sets by generalized regular rules, are unkwn to a wider audience. In the second part of the book he extends the theory to general (n-unary, many-sorted) algebras, term rewriting systems, tree automata, and pushdown automata. Essentially Buchi worked independent of other rersearch, following a vel and stimulating approach. He aimed for a mathematical theory of terms, but could t finish the book. Many of the results are kwn by w, but to work further along this line presents a challenging research program on the borderline between universal algebra, term rewriting systems, and automata theory. For the whole book and again within each chapter the author starts at an elementary level, giving careful explanations and numerous examples and exercises, and then leads up to the research level. In this way he covers the basic theory as well as many nstandard subjects. Thus the book serves as a textbook for both the beginner and the advances student, and also as a rich source for the expert.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/06/2012
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight501 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDirk Siefkes,J. Richard Buchi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.