All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionFinite Element Method in Machining Processes provides a concise study on the way the Finite Element Method (FEM) is used in the case of manufacturing processes, primarily in machining. The basics of this kind of modeling are detailed to create a reference that will provide guidelines for those who start to study this method w, but also for scientists already involved in FEM and want to expand their research. A discussion on FEM, formulations, and techniques currently in use is followed up by machining case studies. Orthogonal cutting, oblique cutting, 3D simulations for turning and milling, grinding, and state-of-the-art topics such as high speed machining and micromachining are explained with relevant examples. This is all supported by a literature review and a reference list for further study. As FEM is a key method for researchers in the manufacturing and especially in the machining sector, Finite Element Method in Machining Processes is a key reference for students studying manufacturing processes but also for industry professionals.
- Author BiographyAngelos P. Markopoulos is a mechanical engineer. He received his Ph.D. from the Manufacturing Technology Division of the National Technical University of Athens in 2006. His research includes topics such as precision and ultraprecision machining processes with special interest in high speed hard machining, grinding, micromachining and nanotechnology. These subjects are studied experimentally as well as through numerical and artificial intelligence methods like the Finite Element Method and Neural Networks. He is the author of more than 30 papers in journals, conferences and book chapters on the above mentioned areas. He is member of the Editorial Review Board and Reviewer for several scientific journals. Parallel to his research activities he has been teaching in various Universities of Greece including the National Technical University of Athens, the University of Thessaly, the School of Pedagogical and Technological Education, the Hellenic Air Force Academy and the Hellenic Navy. In 2011 he was elected lecturer in the National Technical University of Athens.
- Author(s)Angelos P. Markopoulous
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2012
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerbriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology/Springerbriefs in Manufacturing and Surface Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note27 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight156 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.