All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionLearn Basic Theory and Software Usage from a Single Volume Finite Element Modeling and Simulation with ANSYS Workbench combines finite element theory with real-world practice. Providing an introduction to finite element modeling and analysis for those with prior experience, and written by authors with a combined experience of 30 years teaching the subject, this text presents FEM formulations integrated with relevant hands-on applications using ANSYS Workbench for finite element analysis (FEA). Incorporating the basic theories of FEA and the use of ANSYS Workbench in the modeling and simulation of engineering problems, the book also establishes the FEM method as a powerful numerical tool in engineering design and analysis. Include FEA in Your Design and Analysis of Structures Using ANSYS Workbench The authors reveal the basic concepts in FEA using simple mechanics problems as examples, and provide a clear understanding of FEA principles, element behaviors, and solution procedures. They emphasize correct usage of FEA software, and techniques in FEA modeling and simulation. The material in the book discusses one-dimensional bar and beam elements, two-dimensional plane stress and plane strain elements, plate and shell elements, and three-dimensional solid elements in the analyses of structural stresses, vibrations and dynamics, thermal responses, fluid flows, optimizations, and failures. Contained in 12 chapters, the text introduces ANSYS Workbench through detailed examples and hands-on case studies, and includes homework problems and projects using ANSYS Workbench software that are provided at the end of each chapter. * Covers solid mechanics and thermal/fluid FEA * Contains ANSYS Workbench geometry input files for examples and case studies * Includes two chapters devoted to modeling and solution techniques, design optimization, fatigue, and buckling failure analysis * Provides modeling tips in case studies to provide readers an immediate opportunity to apply the skills they learn in a problem-solving context Finite Element Modeling and Simulation with ANSYS Workbench benefits upper-level undergraduate students in all engineering disciplines, as well as researchers and practicing engineers who use the finite element method to analyze structures.
- Author BiographyDr. Xiaolin Chen is an associate professor of mechanical engineering and director of the computer-aided engineering (CAE) research laboratory at the Washington State University Vancouver. She received her BS in engineering mechanics from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, MS in mechanical design and theory from the State Key Laboratory of Mechanical System and Vibration affiliated with Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and her PhD in mechanical engineering from the University of Cincinnati. Her research interests include computational methods in solid mechanics, finite element analysis, boundary element analysis, reduced order modeling for dynamic systems, multiphysics phenomena and coupled-field problems, inverse problems, and regularization techniques. Dr. Yijun Liu is a professor of mechanical engineering at the University of Cincinnati. He obtained his BS and MS in aerospace engineering from Northwestern Polytechnical University (China), and his PhD in theoretical and applied mechanics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Prior to joining the faculty, he conducted postdoctoral research at the Center of Nondestructive Evaluation of Iowa State University and worked at Ford Motor Company as a CAE analyst. Dr. Liu's interests are in computational mechanics, finite element method, boundary element method, and fast multipole method in modeling composite materials, fracture, fatigue, structural dynamics, and acoustics problems.
- Author(s)Xiaolin Chen,Yijun Liu
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note598 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables
- Weight918 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.29Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.