All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the last 40 years the theory of finite groups has developed dramatically. The finite simple groups have been classified and are becoming better understood. Tools exist to reduce many questions about arbitrary finite groups to similar questions about simple groups. Since the classification there have been numerous applications of this theory in other branches of mathematics. Finite Group Theory develops the foundations of the theory of finite groups. It can serve as a text for a course on finite groups for students already exposed to a first course in algebra. It could supply the background necessary to begin reading journal articles in the field. For specialists it also provides a reference on the foundations of the subject. This second edition has been considerably improved with a completely rewritten Chapter 15 considering the 2-Signalizer Functor Theorem, and the addition of an appendix containing solutions to exercises.
- Author(s)Michael Aschbacher
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/06/2000
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 10
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note25 b/w illus.
- Weight470 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.