Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionFire Gate Poems: A Journey of Spiritual Healing presents a collection of poems and images that mark author Henry C. Finney's journey from grief to healing following the death of his son. Writing poetry and Zen meditation contributed greatly to his recovery from the unthinkable-the loss of a child. The verses and illustrations provide glimpses of the landscape he traversed during this journey-its darkest jungles of grief, its rolling hills of recovery, and finally its brilliant vistas of love and happiness. After a few verses from earlier years ( origins ), the poems articulate stages of Finney's return to life. They begin with reactions to the tragedy ( abyss ), continue with poems of return and renewal, and conclude with verses of wonder. His poetic images are enhanced by black-and-white renditions of his drawings, paintings, prints, and photographs. Finney's poems sing of life's mysteries, sorrows, and beauty; his art celebrates the world. His work demonstrates the healing powers of writing and art. The Lives of Grasses Recovering from my deep frozen winter I wander w amid a sea of grasses of new-grown wild flowers where just last week (I've lost track) sw lay deep. No path remains. Despite your absence summer has secretly returned. No pretending winter losses any more. I re-awaken like this field whose sea of waving tassels swishing, aromatic ...
- Author(s)Henry C Finney
- Date of Publication24/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.