Fire Service Personnel Management with MyFireKit by Steven T. Edwards (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $158.41+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFire Service Personnel Management is written with basic public personnel management concepts and incorporates fire service applications and examples throughout, while serving as both a successful text in the classroom and as an excellent resource for promotional officer candidates. Updated topics include: fire service personnel development, professional qualifications, recruitment, and diversity issues. The book is a top-tch resource for promotional officer candidates and current managers in the fire service.
- Author BiographySteven T. Edwards is the director of the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute of the University of Maryland. The Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute is the state's comprehensive training agency for emergency services, training more than 34,000 students each year. He is a former fire chief of the Prince George's County Fire Department in Maryland, where he served for 25 years in a variety of positions from high school cadet to fire chief. Edwards also serves as chair of the board of directors of the Safety Equipment Institute, chair of the Congressional Fire Service Institute National Advisory Committee, as well as numerous local- and state-level appointments. In 1997, he was elected as the president of the North American Fire Training Directors. Edwards is a graduate of the University of Maryland University College (UMUC) with a bachelor's degree in fire service management and a master's degree in general administration. Both degrees were achieved with summa cum laude honors. He has attended the Harvard University John F Kennedy School of Government Program for Senior Executives in State and Local Government and the National Fire Academy, and has presented at national conferences and seminars. Edwards is currently a member of the adjunct faculty at UMUC, teaching its course in fire service personnel management. During his career of more than 35 years in fire service, Edwards received numerous awards and honors, including the Prince George's County Fire Department Gold Star of Valor in 1979 for the rescue of two firefighters at a major fire and explosion. During his tenure as fire chief, the department received the IAFC Award for Excellence as well as twenty-eight National Association of Counties Awards for Excellence. While continuing his fire service career at the University of Maryland, the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute was selected as the Congressional Fire Service Institute National Fire Service Organization of the Year for 1999. In addition, Edwards received the University of Maryland President's Distinguished Service Award in 2003 for exceptional performance, leadership, and service.
- Author(s)Steven T. Edwards
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication05/08/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.