All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionWritten at the elementary level, Fire in the Bushveld relates real-life events and facts about fighting spring fires in the bushveld, the grasslands of South Africa. Linda also weaves in some of the personal adventures that she, her husband Dennis, and their son Daniel shared during their time in the Limpopo region of South Africa where they worked on a n-profit research farm. Fighting fires in the bushveld was an exciting, eye-opening adventure. The story of two baby animals and their families relates the real danger and tragedy facing those caught in the bushveld fires. You can get a flavor of the drama they all encountered as you read Fire in the Bushveld.
- Author BiographyLinda Sheehan has been in education most of her life. Even as a child, she would prepare lessons and teach her 4 younger brothers and sisters in school during the long summers on their farm in Illinois. After graduating from Illinois State University in 1973, she then worked as an English teacher in public and private schools for nearly twenty years. Linda has a great interest in promoting reading and writing, especially in young people. She writes to give today's youth easy-reading materials which spark their interest as well as educate. Linda and her husband Dennis have served as missionaries, teachers, and Bible school directors in Jamaica and Poland between 1994 and 2010. After working on a non-profit research farm in South Africa, they are presently in Arizona where an additional research farm is being established. Sharing their real-life adventures with their young grandchildren who already love books is a priority for her. She writes about her experiences in the book series Grandma Goes to South Africa. The first book in the series, Animals and More Animals, is written at third grade reading level. Even as a self-published book, it has met the standards necessary to be sold on Amazon USA and Amazon in several European countries, where they are distributing it as a book and e-book. Five Cheetahs, the second in the series, is written at sixth grade reading level. Already having received the grand children's sign of approval, it proves itself to be a beginner's resource book about cheetahs, their lifestyle, and personalities, as well as a tale of their adventures. Fire in the Bushveld now joins the series. Linda's husband and son fought many fires in South Africa the first year they lived there. These experiences provide the first-hand account of farmers fighting the fires. This exciting children's story tells about what happens to two baby animal friends and their home in the game reserve as they face the dangers of fire in the bushveld (grasslands of South Africa).
- Author(s)Linda L Sheehan
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.