All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe John J. Harvey fireboat was the largest, fastest, shiniest fireboatof its time, but by 1995, the city didn't need old fireboats anymore. So the Harvey retired, until a group of friends decided to save it from the scrap heap. Then, one sunny September day in 2001, something so horrible happened that the whole world shook. And a call came from the fire department, asking if the Harvey could battle the roaring flames. In this inspiring true story, Maira Kalman brings a New York City icon to life and proves that old heroes never die.
- Author BiographyIn her own words: born. bucolic childhood. culture-stuffed adolescence. played piano. stopped. danced. stopped. wrote. discarded writing. drew. reinstated writing. married Tibor Kalman and collaborated at iconoclastic yet successful design studio. wrote and painted children's books. worried. took up Ping-Pong. relaxed. wrote and painted for many magazines. cofounded the Rubber Band Society. amused. children: two. dog: one.
- Author(s)Maira Kalman
- PublisherPuffin Books
- Date of Publication04/08/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitlePicture Puffin Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPuffin Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width252 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book,Sewn
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $15.62
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.54
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.62
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $17.38
- AU $13.39Trending at AU $18.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.