All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the No.1 bestselling author of The American Boy and The Ashes of London comes a collection of three gothic vellas - Broken Voices, The Leper House and The Scratch - perfect for fans of The Loney by Andrew Michael Hurley. BROKEN VOICES It's Christmas before the Great War and two lonely schoolboys have been forced into companionship. Left in the care of an elderly teacher, there is little to do but listen to his eerie tales about the nearby Cathedral. The boys concoct a plan to discover if the stories are true. But the Cathedral is filled with hidden dangers, and curiosity can prove fatal. THE LEPER HOUSE One stormy night in Suffolk, a man's car breaks down following his sister's funeral. The only source of light comes from a remote cottage by the sea. The mysterious woman who lives there begs him to leave, yet he can't shake the sense that she somehow needs him. He attempts to return the next day but she is where to be seen. And neither is the cottage. THE SCRATCH Clare and Gerald live a perfect life in the Forest of Dean with their cat, Canp. Then Gerald's young nephew comes to stay. Jack is from ather world - active service in Afghanistan. The experience has left him outwardly untouched, but for a scratch that won't heal. Jack and Canp don't like each other. Clare and Jack like each other too much. The scratch begins to fester.
- Author BiographyAndrew Taylor is the author of a number of crime novels, including the ground-breaking Roth Trilogy, which was adapted into the acclaimed TV drama Fallen Angel, and the historical crime novels The Ashes of London, The Silent Boy, The Scent of Death and The American Boy, a No.1 Sunday Times bestseller and a 2005 Richard & Judy Book Club Choice. He has won many awards, including the CWA John Creasey New Blood Dagger, an Edgar Scroll from the Mystery Writers of America, the CWA Ellis Peters Historical Award (the only author to win it three times) and the CWA's prestigious Diamond Dagger, awarded for sustained excellence in crime writing. He also writes for the Spectator. He lives with his wife Caroline in the Forest of Dean.
- Author(s)Andrew Taylor
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight350 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Contained items statementContains 2 Paperbacks and Hardback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.