Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionRadically Rethinking Mental Illness. Firewalkers chronicles the profound, turbulent, spiritual experience of living through a mental health crisis. What our society labels as mental illness can be a sacred quest that has the power to enrich us, reveal unkwn strengths, and transform our lives. A te about buying this book: If you buy two copies, your shipping will be free! Please consider buying a second copy as a gift for a loved one, local library, agency, therapist waiting room, hospital, or anywhere else where you think a spark of fire can make a difference in this world. (all proceeds go to support our nprofit community working for mental health hope, healing, and recovery) A guide to radically rethinking mental health, Firewalkers redefines mental illness as a journey of emotional turbulence, crazy blessings, ecstatic visions and mad gifts. Could it be that what we are diagsing as mental illness is in fact a search for wholeness, balance, and meaning in a sometimes painful and irrational world? Firewalkers is the story of seven people who have experienced extreme mental states and through this experience, have learned things they never expected to learn and become people they never expected to be.
- Author BiographyVOCAL is a mental health community, support network, social change movement and self-help education program. www.thefirebook.org.
- Author(s)MS Cassandra Nudel
- Date of Publication03/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.