All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a traditional story that is retold in rhyme in this chunky padded boardbook. When a couple of tailors offer to make a suit from material so wondrous that only clever people can see it, the vain Emperor hires them - a decision he will regret...Big, bright illustrations and simple rhyming text make this book perfect for reading aloud to small children, or for more confident readers to enjoy by themselves. Youngsters can also have fun counting how many times the happy ginger cat appears in the story. The Emperor is always dressed In gorgeous clothes, the very best. He changes his garb six times a day, And walks about in proud display. Two sneaky weavers come to call, One is short and one is tall. They bow very low and say, Sire, We can make you much grander attire. Is this offer too good to be true? The Emperor will see - and so will you!
- Author BiographyJan Lewis is an experienced artist, who works mostly in vibrant ink and line. Her distinctive work has appeared on greetings cards, in animatics for advertising, and in animation for television, but the bulk of her work has been for a wide range of attractive children's books.
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication17/11/2014
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight277 g
- Width120 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jan Lewis
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $15.62
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.54
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.62
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $17.38
- AU $13.39Trending at AU $18.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.