Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionBook lover and Jane Austen enthusiast Sophie Collingwood has barely started her new job at an antiquarian bookshop in London when two different customers request a copy of the same obscure publication: the second edition of Little Book of Allegories by Richard Mansfield. Their enquiry draws Sophie into a web of mystery surrounding the true authorship of Pride and Prejudice, with ultimately dangerous consequences. In a narrative that alternates between Sophie's quest, which also sees her dealing with several love interests on the way, and the young Jane Austen's touching friendship with the ageing cleric Richard Mansfield, Lovett - who first delighted readers with his bestselling debut The Bookman's Tale - weaves a romantic, suspenseful and compelling vel about love in all its forms and the joys of a life lived in books.
- Author BiographyCharlie Lovett is a writer, teacher, and playwright, whose plays for children have been seen in more than three thousand productions. He is a former antiquarian bookseller and an avid book collector. His first novel The Bookman's Tale was published by Alma Books in 2013.
- Author(s)Charlie Lovett
- PublisherAlma Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSurrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlma Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date10/12/2015
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.