All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionHebrew Biblical narratives are toriously sparing in their portrayal of character, leaving much to the reader. Here a number of scholars assume the identities of some familiar biblical characters, and use the clues in the text, their own exegetical skills and kwledge of the biblical world, and their readerly imagination to fill in the gaps of the biblical text. In doing so, they remove the point of view of biblical narratives from the narrator to one of the characters, allowing the ideology of the text to be affirmed, adjusted or challenged. Contributors to this volume include Francis Landy, Athalya Brenner, Yairah Amit, John Goldingay, Jonathan Magonet, Hugh Pyper, and Philip Davies, and the biblical characters include Rahab, Isaiah, Gomer, Eve, Delilah, Joseph, Jeremiah and Haman.
- Author BiographyPhilip Davies is Professor of Biblical Studies in the University of Sheffield.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/02/2002
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleBiblical Seminar S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 81
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight270 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byPhilip R. Davies
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.