All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1952, the primary election in a small, t very diverse New England state has had a disproportionate impact on the U.S. presidential mination process and the ensuing general election. Although just a handful of delegates are at stake, the New Hampshire primary has become a massive media event and a reasonably reliable predictor of a campaign's ultimate success or failure. In The First Primary, Moore and Smith offer a comprehensive history of the state's primary, an analysis of its media coverage and impact, and a description of the New Hampshire electorate, along with a discussion of how that electorate reflects or diverges from national opinions on candidates and issues. A book for political scientists and political junkies, media and policy professionals, and all students of American government, The First Primary ably fills the gaps in our understanding of New Hampshire's outsize role in the mination process.
- Author BiographyDAVID W. MOORE is a senior fellow with the Carsey School of Public Policy at the University of New Hampshire. He is a former vice president of the Gallup Organization, and author of The Opinion Makers and The Super Pollsters. ANDREW E. SMITH is associate professor of practice in political science and director of the UNH Survey Center. He directs the Granite State Poll, a quarterly survey of public opinion and public policy.
- Author(s)Andrew E. Smith,David W. Moore
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Hampshire Press
- Content Note17 figs., 44 tables
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.