Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionPersonal robots are about as advanced today as personal computers were on the eve of the first IBM PC in the early 1980s. They are still the domain of hobbyists who cobble them together from scratch or from kits, join local clubs to swap code and stage contests, and whose labour of love is setting the stage for a techlogical revolution. This book will deconstruct the 30 regional winning robot designs from the FIRST Robotics Competition in 2006. The FIRST Robotics Competition (held annually and founded by Dean Kamen) is a multinational competition that teams professionals and young people to solve an engineering design problem in an intense and competitive way. In 2005 the competition reached close to 25000 people on close to 1000 teams from around the world. The competitions are high-tech spectator sporting events that have gained a loyal following because of the high caliber work featured. This book looks at 30 different robot designs all based on the same chassis, and provides in-depth information on the inspiration and the techlogy that went into building each of them. Each robot is featured in 6-8 pages providing readers with a solid understanding of how the robot was conceived and built. There are sketches, interim drawings and process shots for each robot.
- Author BiographyVince Wilczynski, Ph.D., directs the mechanical engineering major at a New England Institution of Higher Education where he has incorporated robotics and homeland security projects into the mechanical engineering curriculum.
- Author(s)Stephanie Slezycki,Vince Wilczynski
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication26/10/2007
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationGloucester, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRockport Publishers Inc.
- Content NoteIllustrations (col.)
- Weight1016 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.