All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSobriety......Then What Regardless of wealth, status or position, we are all subject to our own fears and desires and, until we come to terms with the essential relationship between our unwanted behaviors and our thoughts, feelings, and actions, we remain victims of our own obsessive impulses. This is a guided tour past the pitfalls of recovery, First Sobriety... is written for those struggling to recover from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body. It is a book about what to do to get past the pain of addiction so you can begin to believe that you truly have a life to live. It is also about what happens next. In simple, straightforward terms, the author takes you into the territory beyond addiction, into the realm of recovery and relapse, and family-of-origin relationships. With personal stories of real-life experiences, this book teaches the lessons of dealing with shame, growing in self-esteem, overcoming deprivation, and getting past craving and obsessing long eugh to find that change is a choice. This book will get you started on the journey of recovery and you will quickly learn to let go, to live your life free of the grip of the obsession that is addiction.So, if you are ready to face an addiction, then your essential challenge is to get back to a place of trust; trust in yourself, trust in other people.At the very least, in order to be free of an unhealthy situation, you must have the ability to trust your own judgment and confidently stick with your decisions. The challenge ahead of the author is to show you a way to do that as he has already done it for himself and a number of other people. And he will guide you through the process so start today.
- Author BiographyGeorge has lived and/or worked in all ten Canadian provinces and three territories, as well as having lived and/or worked in 28 of the 50 states. He had a problem with alcohol but for more than 26 years (since September 9, 1988) he has not used intoxicants of any kind. Achieving sobriety led to his interest in human behavior and, in particular, why we humans do what we do. His interest and work in the field of human behavior eventually lead him to working for an Employee Assistance Program as both a counselor and manager as well as leading and facilitating workshops and seminars. Prior to developing the DYNAMIC DISCOVERY process he was presenting and leading a two day seminar program titled THE PERSONAL IMPROVEMENT SERIES that consisted of 4 topics: Intimate Relationships; Guilt; Co-Dependency, and; The Right To Choose. The back and forth interactions with those seminar clients was enthusiastic and instructive, which led him into using a process of self-evaluation and eventually turned his seminars and workshops into participatory group sessions focused on unwanted and wanted behaviors and how to move from the former to the latter. The formal format for the Dynamic Discovery program came about in December, 1995, while he was sorting his notes from 4 years of those two day seminar sessions because he wanted to create a document that could be used by some of his clients who wanted to understand the hows and whys of the process that had unfolded during those group sessions... from real life situations and the very real people who shared their thoughts and stories with the Group and who allowed him to learn from them and keep some notes on what was happening during those early sessions. Career Path His first career choice was the Royal Canadian Air Force and he lucked into being part of a Para-Rescue unit. Being a Jumper appealed to his sense of adventure and pumped up his esteem because Jumpers were few and far between. However, he will admit to having feelings of superiority because the greatest danger to most Airmen and Airwomen was the possibility of a life-endangering paper cut. He spent the next 25 years as a builder and real estate developer as well as consulting on approximately 3 million square feet of commercial buildings; mostly hotels and casinos.
- Author(s)George Bissett
- PublisherPrimedia E-Launch LLC
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrimedia E-Launch LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.