All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionFirst Step is an elementary Chinese textbook for students with previous background in the language. Focusing on the basics of modern Chinese phonetics and grammatical structure, the book uses everyday topics to help students establish a solid foundation in the Chinese language. The textbook, which includes color illustrations, contains thirty lessons, each of which can be covered in a week's worth of classes. Each lesson features a lively dialogue or a short essay, representing a real-life situation, which is then followed by vocabulary lists and grammar tes. Explanatory tes on Chinese culture and customs are also provided. The companion workbook for First Step is sold separately and includes comprehensive exercises and character writing sheets with information on the stroke orders of newly introduced characters. Free online audio files, accessible on smartphones, tablets, and laptops, allow students to listen to First Step dialogues and practice their pronunciation at their leisure. This vital audio supplement gives students the chance to learn Chinese intonation with greater accuracy. First Step provides students with the necessary tools to begin practical daily communication in Chinese. * Emphasis is on basic grammar structure and principles* Textbook features both traditional and simplified characters, pinyin, and English translation* Perforated workbook (which is sold separately) facilitates easy handling of homework* Free audio recordings of dialogues and other content available online* Appropriate for college and high school students
- Author BiographyChih-p'ing Chou is professor of East Asian studies at Princeton University and director of the university's Chinese language and Princeton in Beijing programs. Jing Wang is senior lecturer in Chinese at Princeton. Jun Lei is a former lecturer in Chinese at Princeton.
- Author(s)Chih-p'ing Chou,Jun Lei,Wang Jing
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleThe Princeton Language Program: Modern Chinese
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note40 color illus. 1 line illus. 17 tables.
- Weight999 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.