All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe books of Samuel focus on the lives of three men: Samuel, Saul, and David. They are first seen as individuals rising in their respective careers. As time passes, their lives more frequently interact and become interwined with each other. J. Carl Laney covers these two books section by section, often pausing to clear up a difficult passage that would mean trouble to the reader. This volume is complete with many maps that prove to be an invaluable aid to the reader in helping him to plot out where the action of a particular chapter is taking place. Dr. Laney helps the reader to understand the anguish and agony David experienced as a result of the division of his household and the rebellion of his son Absalom. We can see how Saul met his ultimate downfall as king because of his reliance upon outside sources for guidance instead of implicitly trusting in the Lord. One also sees the godly Samuel who, nevertheless, was unable to keep his own household in order. Contemporary lessons are plentiful in these two Bible books andavailable to those who take the time to study their truths.
- Author BiographyJ. CARL LANEY (B.S., University of Oregon; M.Div., Th.M., Western Conservative Baptist Seminary; Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary) is professor of biblical literature at Western Conservative Baptist Seminary, Portland, Oregon. He is the author of commentaries on First and Second Samuel, Ezra and Nehemiah, and Zechariah for the Everyman's Bible Commentary series. Dr. Laney has also written several other books, including God (Understanding Christian Theology Series), Tyndale Concise Bible Commentary, The Divorce Myth and Baker's Concise Bible Atlas. He resides in Portland, Oregon.
- Author(s)J.Carl Laney
- PublisherMoody Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/1995
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleEveryman's Bible Commentary Series
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoody Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight183 g
- Width140 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.